Session Relevance - Adding More Filters

I am trying to work on a relevance that I can use in REST API. The data that I am trying to collect is at least the computername and the fixlet name but I need to add some conditions related to the computers’ properties.

I am able to get the name and the fixlet name with this:

(unique values of names of applicable computers of it, name of it) of bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it AND display name of site of it starts with “Patches” AND source severity of it as lowercase = “critical” AND name of it starts with “MS24-SEP”)

but I need to add in some conditions to filter via operating system and a custom property similar in webreports:

Basically similar to the Explore Data of computers then just expanding the relevant fixlets

Was wondering where or how should I put the other filtering conditions?

Thank you.

To filter a list with relevance, we use the whose-it form, where the whose-it refers to the property/attribute to the left of the whose term:

In the case you shared above, you’re already filtering on the Fixlet content with the whose after the bes fixlet object (i.e. we have filters that specify for instance that the source severity should equal “critical” and start with “MS24-SEP”). If you you want to add computer filters (as per your screenshot), then you’d need a whose-it after the computers object (in your case after applicable computers). Here’s an example:

(unique values of names of applicable computers whose (operating system of it starts with "Win2" AND last report time of it > (now - 15 * day) AND (value of result from (bes property "My Custom Property") of it contains "THU")) of it, name of it) of bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it AND display name of site of it starts with "Patches" AND source severity of it as lowercase = "critical" AND name of it starts with "MS24-SEP")

You can add more computer filters in here and with different kinds of logic (and naturally, you have to adjust the property names accordingly).

2 Likes

Hello Aram,

Thank you very much for providing more information about the session relevance. Was able to test it out and will be able to add more filtering conditions from here.

Our team will surely be able to use this.

:face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like