Service account for Bigfix when using Remote SQL Database

I am new to Bigfix . we are using Bigfix compliance,webreport,and webui and configured with Remote SQL database. Could you please help to find out the domain service account for these services. I have searched in console but i am not able to find any domain service account.

Most of them will be configured directly on the actual Windows service (just open services.msc and check what account they are using). Otherwise, all the tools have data source configurations but generally those contain information how to connect external sources (BigFix RestAPIs/etc), so unless you have them pointed to use SQL Authentication of course but the fact you mention “domain” it would indicate that is not the case in your environment.

1 Like

For BigFix, if Windows authentication is used, the account under which the Service runs will used to authenticate with the SQL database. If SQL authentication is used, check the ODBC -> System DSN definitions.

For BigFix Compliance, if Windows authentication, check the Service running under. For SQL authentication, search for database.yml file under the Compliance installation folder and review it