Server availability report

Does bigfix capable of integrating a report with below scenario:

The total number of hours that the server was available and if the server was down for a couple of minutes or hours, with the computation how many percentage that it was down.
For example: if server is down for 30 minutes and available for 3600 minutes, then (30/3600)*100= 0.83%

Thank you.

I think it is possible.
First thing is to understand the source of information - https://devblogs.microsoft.com/scripting/hey-scripting-guy-how-do-i-calculate-server-uptime/ - On Windows , the information is written on Event Viewer.
Need to check also on Linux.
Is this the information you wanted?

Yes, I want to have a value of the total number of hours the machine is online and the total number of hours it was down or offline.

Do you have BigFix LifeCycle? I expect we could find this in the Power Management site but it’s been a while since I checked there.

I think you are looking for a monitoring tool.
BigFix will tell you how long a server has been unresponsive (offline, hung etc)… assuming the BESclient is not in a degraded state… but it’s not going to tell you how long the server has been offline over the past day/week/month.

I suppose you could check the BigFix API on a regular basis and record that information, but then you are basically developing your own rudimentary monitoring tool.

If Jason is saying this is in PowerMgmt, I was not aware. I may have to evaluate that feature further then myself :slight_smile: