Server Automation V9.2 Application Update 4.4 is now available

IBM BigFix Lifecycle Server Automation 9.2 - Application Update SA 4.4

The Server Automation team is pleased to announce that SA Application Update 4.4 is now available.

Site version: 58

New features
You can now get email notifications to notify you on the execution status of your Automation Plans.

Along with several quality enhancements, this release also delivers the ability send email notifications on the execution status of your Automation Plans, a new Advanced patching site with advanced patching content, expanded cluster patching support to include patching WebSphere® Application Server cluster (middleware or OS), and enhancements to the Microsoft Exchange cluster patching solution.

Major new features and enhancements

Email notification
You can configure Server Automation to send notification emails on the execution status of your automation plans.
A new Notification Service will be published with an imminent refresh of BigFix Web Console. When published, this Server Automation update will integrate with the new service.

Advanced patching
New advanced patching content is available in a new BigFix Lifecycle site called Advanced Patching. See separate announcement concerning this. For this release, this site contains advanced patching content for Fix Packs and interim fixes (iFix) for WebSphere Application Server versions 8.0, 8.5, and 8.5.5. To access this content, you must subscribe to the Advanced Patching site under BigFix Lifecycle.

The Server Automation cluster patching solutions on Microsoft Windows have been expanded to enable automated patching of WebSphere Application Server clusters (middleware and OS) for WebSphere Application Server versions 8.0, 8.5, and 8.5.5.

There are further enhancements to the Microsoft Exchange cluster patching solution to ensure that services are running after patching. If you have a File Share Witness configured, you can check if the File Share Witness is accessible from the target computers during the patching process.

You can automate patching of standalone nodes of WebSphere Application Server versions 8.0, 8.5, and 8.5.5.

Prefetching only relevant content
If you schedule a plan and choose the prefetching option, only the steps that are relevant at the time of submission of the plan are downloaded. This helps minimize network traffic by downloading only the content that is relevant and required to execute the plan steps.

Sample plans
Several new sample plans have been added to help you get up and running quickly with new content.

Quality Improvements and Enhancements.
The Take Automation Plan Action screen has been improved and streamlined.
In addition, Several defects have been fixed and quality enhancements have been included in this release.

The Knowledge Center has been updated to reflect these changes.

3 Likes

Dara,

I love the increased uptick in releases and I’m glad to see a server automation release.

Are there any plans to support patching Skype for Business clusters with Server automation? We see a lot of customers who are patching their Lync/Skype for Business clusters manually.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello.

Thanks for your comments and interest again in our latest SA release. Currently, we don’t have anything on our roadmap for a patching solution for Skype for business clusters. I hate to give you a stock response again but I’m afraid the best I can suggest is that you add a request here:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=changeRequestLanding

Apart from that, I hope the new features added in this release of Server Automation provide you with increased benefit and value.

Thank you,
Dara

1 Like