Server Automation Start and End Date Issue

Hello All,

I have created a server automation Plan with a set of Fixlet which need to be deployed within two hours of timeframe.

Using the Configure Plan I have mentioned the time duration for two hours

But when I cross check the status in action tab it says action plan and its sub-action will be open for two days

Now concern here is when I set the automation Plan to execute for two hours then why in action tab - Execution summary I’m able to see action plan and its sub-action will be open for two days.

Please clarify and help if we can reduce the time duration for 2 hours.

Any input on the above query please!!

This is the default behavior for actions. The action plan itself will start and stop on the time you mentioned but the actions will remain open for that duration.

So, you want to say doesn’t matter if action complete or not, it will stopped during 2 hours of time frame which I have given during configure plan ?
Please confirm!!

You will need to test this to confirm. But based on what I have seen, automation plan actions stop after they finish execution and they will only be scheduled by the plan in the hours you mentioned. But do a dummy test to confirm.

1 Like

I don’t know much about server automation, but this does seem incorrect, it does seem like the action is set to be open for 2 days and not for 2 hours. I’m not sure what the minimum time an action can be open for, but you can have it be open for over a day, but constrain it to run only between certain hours of the day.

If I were not using server automation and was deploying something myself, this is probably how I would get something to run on the 26th between 4:30am and 6:30am

BigFixActionConstrained

This seems like what you were going for, but a bit different than the above:

BigFixActionConstrained2

I wonder if the reason this happened was that 6:30am on the 22nd had already happened, therefor the console rejected the end time and used the default or something odd like that.