Server Automation Public key error

Hi,
I have installed BES Server plugin service and configured both SOAP and REST API credentials with the user created at the time of BigFix installation and installed Server Automation plan engine.

But in the Warnings sub node I still can see a warning saying Invalid Platform Credentials and points to configure REST API credential. So, I moved on and created a sample automation plan but while taking action an error prompted saying Unable to find Public key to encrypt data. Delete the keystore and install or restart the automation plan engine, or contact the system administrator.

I have checked for the keystore under Plan Engine directory but couldn’t find anything even the pe_console.log was not available in Logs directory. I’ve created the keystore manually but nothing worked. To create keystore I’ve followed below link.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21962913

How can I restart the Plan engine in RHEL BigFix server.

please help me out of this issue.

Thanks

service should be mfs i believe

My concern here is after installation of Plan engine, I’m still getting warning saying Platform username and password credentials are invalid, and it created InvalidPlatformCredential.xml file under PlanEngine directory. Not creating the peKeyStore.jks and pe_console.log file.

As we have faced the above issue in RHEL7, so, we’ve tried the Server Automation in Windows 2012 server and we didn’t get any warning and created peKeystore.jks and pe_console.log files. We’re able to create and execute the automation plan successfully.

Is there any further configuration we need to do for RHEL7 to work with Server Automation.

Can anyone provide me workaround steps.

Hi,

To Install Plan Engine on RHEL follow these steps:

• Before running fixlet (Install Automation Plan Engine) to install plan engine check you have ksh and unzip package installed in your box if not install it.

• Run the fixlet to Install Automation Plan Engine (RHEL)

• Check the directory properly created or not inside var/opt/BESServer/Application/PlanEngine and all the binaries file is there .

• Make sure Config directory exist

• Copy peKeyStore.jks file to PlanEngine directory.

• Execute planengine sh file (PlanEngine/bin) directory inside bin folder

Please let know if it is working for you