Server Automation FAQ missing Videos

I was poking around looking for Server Automation information before I start to play with it at work.

I came across the “Server Automation FAQ”, but several of the Video links listed under the “Server Automation key use cases” are invalid. Any chance that someone simply forgot to update the links? Or was the content truly deleted from YouTube?

Specifically, I was trying to watch the “Use IBM Endpoint Manager for Datacenters to automate a virtual server build demo video” but they all seem to be broken links.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your interest - so unfortunately, and for various reasons, some videos were removed from YouTube a while back, and have not been replaced. I do not have a date I can give you for when new ones may be put up to replace them though, so the best advice I can offer for the time being would be to consult the documentation and sample plans provided by SA for the details you need (in particular, the virtual server build sample plan). For the record, the videos that are still available are:

Multi tier application deployment

Automate complex patching

Automate deployment of Oracle database

Thank you for the response.

I’ll take a look at the Sample Plans!

My pleasure - hopefully that will see you right!

-Paul.

As a “consumer” of the product, it might be nice if someone went into the document and removed the links to the “deleted” YouTube videos, or somehow indicated that they have been removed.

That’s supposed to be one of the benefits of Web based content. Easy/Speed of update.

:wink:

Hi Tim - absolutely, someone has been tasked with doing that already since you brought it to our attention.
Thanks for letting us know!