Send email after action is executed

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if any one has done this recently.
We want to be able to send an email with the results of an specific action that was triggered by an operator.
The results are not a success or failure but an specific message in a log, hence we want to add the message in the log to the body of the email

The notification email will send an email but it can only send an email saying that the action has been completed, but not the actual message of the log???

I am also trying to do a web report to work instead of the notification, bu it Is there a way I can create a scheduled web report that triggers when that action has been executed and send the results of the given log?

Also I am unable to send the email directly from the server where the action is running.

thanks a lot

On Windows computers, I’ve done something similar to what you seem to be asking about by using the BLAT utility. It’s a basic, standalone, SMTP tool for Windows.

We use it to send a custom email to Application Owners when their servers have finished running a Patching Baseline. The Application Owner Emails are held in a BES Client Setting we use for the purpose.

You can download the BLAT.exe tool and move it into the BES Client Utility area on an endpoint, or just download it each time you want to use it. We keep a copy of the utility on a ‘local’ WWW server and download it as needed.

1 Like

Thank you for the help Tim.

The servers are AIX, hence I cannot use blat, also the servers are not allow to send emails at all (for security reasons and port 25 being blocked, etc, etc).