Send BigFix Data to a seprate System's api

Hello

I need a little coaching please. I have a request to send BigFix analysis data to another systems api and I am struggling to put this together.

I need to send data to https;//1.2.3.4:8087 I have a working query to send to pull the data from the BigFix api.

This is https://bigfixserver:52311/api/query?output=json&relevance=((name of computer of it, values of it) of results of it, names of it) of properties of bes analysis whose ( name of it is “Application Information (Windows”)

So I know where to send the data I have a working query for the BigFix api but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to put these pieces together. Sorry for the dumb question.

My thinking is to put all of this into a PowerShell script to run curl. Perhaps there is a better way not sure.

Nothing is dumb.

I had a similar request -
Administrator of Some System wanted to gather information from BigFix Server and then label that information on his system.

From his side , he created some script which -

1. Contacted BigFix Server API and gathered the information - the result returned as XML / JSON
  2. He then parsed the result and made some internal logic and updates the new information on his system.

You can also do it differently -
Create a script that will

1. Gather BigFix Server API Information
  2. Post the new information to the System through some API that they provide

What is your responsibility?
gathering the information (or) parsing the returned data and put it into the system

My responsiblitiy is to gather the BigFix data, create a file and then POST the data to a remote system. For political reasons they cannot pull the data directly from the Bigfix server

It depends a lot upon what format the other API needs. Will it accept one large XML or JSON blob, or so you need to split up separate requests and POST or PUT a separate request for each computer, or each property, or each property result, including some piece of the data in the POST?

For something that could be that complex I’d avoid using curl, and instead use whatever scripting or programming language with which you are most comfortable. For me that would be Python, but PowerShell, JavaScript, VBscript, C++…pretty much any modern language has support for HTTP and REST operations.