Self Service Offer to Active Directory User group

Hello,

I’m relatively new to BigFix (inherited our platform a few months ago) just starting to experiment with the Self Service Application and am having some trouble finding the best way to deploy offers to Computers who’s current logged on user is a member of an AD group.

Essentially, we’d like to offer licensed application packages (MS Visio, Project, etc) only to certain users. Ideally, we’d like to add users to a group in Active Directory (“SSA-App-Visio” for example) and have the offer become available to them via BigFix SSA once their client updates.

I’m having mixed success with the following relevance expressions:

A:
exists names whose (name of it = “MySecurityGroup”)of groups of local computer of active directory

B:
exists ((names of groups of it) of (logged on users of active directory)) whose (it is contained by set of “MySecurityGroup”)

Unfortunately, neither of these seems to be particularly stable or consistent.

If anyone has any tips or tricks for me, I’d sure appreciate it!

I think you want something like

set of (names of groups of logged on users of active directory) contains "MySecurityGroup"

Edit:

The way I suggest above requires that you get the exact name of the group. If you wanted to target it without the exact name, or if you had MySecurityGroup and MySecurityGroup2 you could do something like

concatenation ";" of (names of groups of logged on users of active directory) contains string "MySecurity"

1 Like

Hi,

Can you just do this during targeting (users tab of the take action window)?