Self-Service Application Client (SSA) - Limitations

Can we add another one? User get NO indication of an Offer when “Notify users of offer availability” is selected. Message “Display message before running action” has information in it; there is no configuration for “Display message while running action”.

I’m sitting here waiting to test and the status in the Console shows downloading. I finally open up the SSA on the client only to see the app waiting there.

Update: I’m afraid I’m going to have to remove the SSA and put the Client UI back on. I tried another deployment using a preset we’ve always used. The job has long finished but the “Running” message pop-up is still on the screen.

I rather not revert back but what is the likelihood that a fixed version will be available in a reasonable time frame? Its a standalone application, correct? It doesn’t necessarily rely on the BES infrastructure version.

User get NO indication of an Offer when “Notify users of offer availability” is selected

Notifications of offer availability are based on operating system notification component. By default on Windows 10 they are shown for 5 seconds and than they disappear. Is it your case?

Message “Display message before running action” has information in it; there is no configuration for “Display message while running action”.

If I correctly understand you are sending an Offer that is also a Required Action (aka Display Message before running message). If so, which is the use case you want to address ? I would expect to send an Offer or alternatively a Required Action. Sending together, the end user after having accepted the Offer must accept again the action to start the execution.

The job has long finished but the “Running” message pop-up is still on the screen.

I do not reproduce this, I think some troubleshooting is needed with the case you opened.

what is the likelihood that a fixed version will be available in a reasonable time frame? Its a standalone application, correct? It doesn’t necessarily rely on the BES infrastructure version.

SSA is a standalone application and fixed version will be available in a reasonable time frame with different schedule from BES infrastructure.

I’ve tried on a few systems. A blank Action with Offer configured. No pop-up for any amount of time. If you think it is an OS issue, I’ll have to perform more testing/research.

Your assumption is correct, but I tired without the Message tab configured as well and there was still no “Notify user”. This perhaps is where the confusion is with regards to SSA. You’re saying Offer OR Message; not both. But Message is where deadlines are set, so I’m still confused.

Yes, there is a lot more verification that needs to be done to make the issue reproducible. I haven’t been contact by support since opening the ticket several days ago.

I hate to add another one but we have a few user who are saying that the GET and LATER options are not even available, and the Action on the Console shows “Pending Message” and the log shows ActionLogMessage: (group:221862,action221872) Action signature verified for Downloads. I have collect the logs for support if/when they call me, but if there is other helpful information, I can start to collect as I come across these. I can say that we uninstall SSA on those hosts and it seems to start processing correctly.

Thanks for the efforts!

Thanks for all the feedback and help.
I would suggest to continue via the case that was opened and report the outcome in this forum.

Yes. I’ll be writing up what we’ve been seeing and providing the client logs as well as the exported actions.

Thanks a lot for your continued help with this !

I’m what I guess they are now calling a “BigFixer”. My dream is someday to be hired by HCL to test/verify most aspects of the product. I’m a good bug finder. :bug::rainbow:

2 Likes