Selecting dynamic target by property in an action does not return any computers to the Reported Computers tab of the action

I have an issue on a server where I cannot target to a dynamic property . If I select “all computers” a computer group (manual or automatic) or retrieved property it does not gather/return any computers to the reported computers tab even though there is relevance to the fixlet and the computer groups are properly populated

BigFix 9.5.13

How long have you waited? Normally you should expect reports within a minute or two, but if UDP notifications are blocked in your network it will take longer.

I have waited days … it does not report any computers at all

In that case I’d contact support and open a PMR. It sounds like the clients or their relays are not correctly propagating your operator site.

A dynamically-targetted action gets sent out through your Operator Site…a statically-targetted action gets sent through each endpoint’s mailboxsite. So it sounds like the clients are getting the mailbox sites but not your opsite.

Thank you Jason . I will update accordingly

This has been resolved. The client network has UDP blocked and therefore we adjusted a setting on the customer relays to force them to contact our Top Level Relay for any new actions.

Select Relay
Edit Settings
Select -> _BESClient_Comm_CommandPollEnable = 1 (Default=0)

As you are at Bigfix 9.5.13, you should also look into the Persistent Connections options.

See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSQL82_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Config/c_persistenconn.html