Schedule task create command

Hi,

I want to create a schedule task to endpoints using bigfix, i have run this command in fixlet debugger mean it was working, but while create fixlet and deploy some endpoints mean isn’t working,

"wait schtasks /create /f /sc ONCE /SD 05/17/2018 /ST 17:01 /TN TEMP_ApplyWindowsUpdates /TR “c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe”

I’ve created a task to run a command . In the action script I put the below mentioned command,

waithidden “c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe” /q schtasks /create /sc ONCE /SD 05/17/2018 /ST 17:01 /TN TEMP_ApplyWindowsUpdates /TR “cmd.exe”

The command when I run manually on the machine it is working and creating a task in the task scheduler , but when trying to run via fixlet is it not working and exit code = 1

Any comments on this pls ?

In this we add this (/ru “SYSTEM”) and tested again, it was executing and created the task-schedule in endpoints,

here are the edited comment:

wait cmd.exe /C schtasks /create /f /sc ONCE /SD 04/29/2018 /ST 17:01 /TN TEMP_ApplyWindowsUpdates /TR “c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe” /ru “SYSTEM”

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

When attempting to troubleshoot and diagnose such scenarios where something may work via Fixlet Debugger, but not via a BigFix action, it’s worth trying to test manually by executing the given commands under SYSTEM context: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505733. In this case, I notice that the original command fails with an error that provides some context on the issue:

Adding the /RU “SYSTEM” then makes sense here as you’re providing the mapping details and that you want the task to run as SYSTEM.

1 Like