SAP GUI versions

I’m looking to create a property to get the version of SAP GUI installed on computers.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SAPGUI

I’ve tried a few relevance, but all came back with
What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Below is the last I tried:

value “DisplayVersion” of key whose
(
value “DisplayName” of it as string contains “SAP GUI” AND value “UninstallString” of it as string as lowercase contains “C:\Program Files”
)
of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of (registry;native registry)

1 Like

You are casting the returned value to lowercase but comparing it to a string of mixed case.

I’d go for

(
value “DisplayVersion” of it
)
of keys
whose
(
value “DisplayName” of it as string contains “SAP GUI”
)
of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of
(
x32 registries ; x64 registries
)

1 Like

Thanks trn. I made the changes yesterday, and it worked.
But I only seeing a 3 computer showing the different versions.
I know we have a lot more with the application installed.
Missing computer including the one I captured the relevance from.
It doesn’t make sense. Any idea?

Nothing fundamentally wrong with the relevance then, so it is time to manually search through through the registry to find the uninstall for the application. Possibly minor variations in the display name between versions (changes in case, punctuation, spacing)?

Thank you very much, trn. It is working now.

The only place i see that is different from what you have was a space after “x32 registries” and before the apostrophe.

(value “DisplayVersion” of it) of keys whose
(
)
of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of (x32 Registries; x64 Registries)

can you post the whole script here or add it to bigfix.me in fixlets?

So sorry, didn’t see this and not sure how to post in bigfix.me

But this is the full property I use to pull the SAPGUI versions:

(value “DisplayVersion” of it) of keys whose
(
)
of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of (x32 Registries; x64 Registries)