Running scripts in OSD deployment

Hi All,
Have go through the OSD deployment, able to capture image and create offline deployment media.
However, have yet to find a way to integrate powershell or vbs script into the deployment media.
Is there any guide or manual that I can refer to?
Also for the hostname rules, can I allow user input? The latest OSD does not have that option anymore.
Many Thanks

@Edmund_Quah, the OSD user’s guide is available HERE.

You can execute any script (Bash, PowerShell, VBS, etc.) or installer via fixlet policy action post the imaging process. I don’t see any mechanism within the OSD Image Profile configuration screens to execute a script during/post imaging.

I’m not aware of any options for user input during hostname configuration. Typically a hostname rule is applied to the image profile.

I hope this helps. Best. @cmcannady

Hi @cmcannady,
thanks for the prompt reply.
My issues here is that the physical machine each have their own machine name.
Thus, when they boot up either through USB or network, require user to key in the hostname.
Currently they use SCCM which allow them to enter hostname before deployment

With the hostname rule as variable, after it boot up, a bit tough to ask the help desk people or temp staff to change the hostname.
thus, before deploy image, if i can run any scripts, I will be able to prompt user for hostname.

I able to customise scripts to run in the fixlet. And i intend to do that for software deployment.
But there are several things that is best to run before image deploy. like check power AD, input hostname and input client setting variable.

Many Thanks

@bradsexton81, can you please review the OSD question from @Edmund_Quah and advise if you know of a method to allow for user input for host naming?

in your Bare Metal profile you have an option to prompt end user for properties. Once you do that they will be prompted to name the computer before the build

Hi @bradsexton81,
Thanks. I find it out today and manage to build an offline iso and it work in my VM image.
Intend to post the answer but yet face another challenge. When I set up my LAN through switch and deploy to physical machine. I can’t bind the driver? The model in the driver library only have the VMware model.
Thus when I boot up my target, it able to connect to OSD, chose the profile. But always stuck before running script state in OSD log complete at 33% for more than an hour.

But I getting to like OSD. The more I drill in, It getting more powerful.