Running processes not showing result

Hello,

I am trying to get bigfix to show status of a running application if it exist or not however it does not show result for this running process since it is running in the background. Testing this is Fixlet Debugger.

selects "executablepath from Win32_Process" of wmi (This works will get all running paths of all exe programs)

(pathname of it, sha1 of it) of running applications (This also work to show the running application.)

number of running applications whose (name of it starts with "DgWip") ( This shows 0, but i know its is running)

Q: exists running application "DgWip.exe" (shows nothing, but i know it is running)
A: Nothing shows

Q: exists running application "BESClient.exe"
A: True

Q: exists running application "lync.exe" (show that the software is there, but not for the one i am trying to get)
A: True

any help appreciated.

Maybe try it with lowercase

number of running applications whose (name of it as lowercase starts with “dgwip”)

i tried that and still show blank.

Really strange. If I may ask, how do you know that the application is running ? Task Manager on the local machine ?

Rosario.

Also, if testing via Fixlet Debugger, ensure at the least that you are running Fixlet Debugger as Administrator. In some cases, you may need to run it as SYSTEM (https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505733).

An additional clarification from one of your points above:

Are you saying this relevance statement shows the desired running application (DgWip.exe)? Can you show us a sample output showing the line/answer in question?

Right. Or Evaluate using Local Client … that should do the trick as well I guess.

1 Like

i see it in task manager saying running

And I think you run Task Manager as Administrator and showing info for all users.
did you try Aram’s suggestion to run the fixlet debugger with higher privileges or to Evaluate using Local Client ?

Example would be

C:\Program Files\DGAgent\DgWip.exe, 85b5836c1d01babbb86cf6e6ebe8623932ererrt

i am running fixlet debugger with admin rights and task manager as standard user. It show the running application but will not display with these command.

Have you tried with Local Client Evaluator or via SYSTEM as suggested above?

Additionally, screenshots would be helpful here if you don’t mind as the situation is not yet clear to me given some of the statements/answers above.

For instance, can we get a screenshot of the output of (name of it, pathname of it, sha1 of it) of running applications that shows the desired application’s details?

NVM false alarm. Does not work in fixlet debugger but when running in bigfix it actually gives a result. I am unable to run as a system as I do not have that access.

Glad to hear it’s working.

For future reference, in such cases, you can in fact continue to test/develop such content in Fixlet Debugger using the ‘Local Client Evaluator’ option (it essentially asks the question via the BigFix Client and its context rather than the Fixlet Debugger’s context):

And as you can see, with newer versions (9.5.13+), you can even test these using BigFix Query.

I never knew that existed. Now i know.