Roaming Users and Download preferences

I have roaming users… when they are registered to one of our dmz relays i would like them to download patches directly from the vendor site. When they are in the office and connected to a local relay i would like them to download patches from their local relay. I have the following action script that seems to work and i plan to run this as a policy action. I wanted to get feedback form others as to whether this is a good approach. Open to suggestions/improvements.

if {name of registration server as lowercase = "dmzrelay1:52311" OR name of registration server as lowercase = "dmzrelay2:52311" OR name of registration server as lowercase = "dmzrelay3:52311"}
    setting "_BESClient_Download_Direct"="1" on "{now}" for client
    setting "_BESClient_Download_DirectRecovery"="1" on "{now}" for client
else
    setting "_BESClient_Download_Direct"="0" on "{now}" for client
    setting "_BESClient_Download_DirectRecovery"="0" on "{now}" for client
endif

Thank you

I found this in the forums. Maybe this will answer your question…

Hi
I think there are a bunch of ways to achieve what you want (as usual, thanks BigFix), you’re in the right path. I just want to mention that when you use "_BESClient_Download_Direct"="1" then all downloads will be tried from the Internet, so if you need to send any package from you internal BigFix infrastructure that won’t work (because your package is not available on the Internet). I am using this setting _BESClient_Download_Direct_Domainlist Take a look in the documentation about this setting: List of settings and detailed descriptions (hcl-software.com)