Right click option for Remote Control Application GoverLAN

(imported topic written by ErinC91)

Hi all,

I’m trying to create a custom right-click option to remote control machines using a remote control program called GoverLAN.

It is launched by running the “GoverRMC.EXE” file with no switches but just the machine name. ie “GoverRMC.exe PCNAME”

I’ve used the remote desktop example from the other thread in this forum as a basis but can’t get it to work.

When I run it, it comes back saying: Error - “Not all of the selected Computers were able to run the selected action”

Here’s the registry file that I created for merging;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00   [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\GoverLAN] 
"MenuDisplayName"=
"&GoverLAN" 
"ShellCommandRelevance"=
"\"GoverRMC.exe \" & ( value of property result whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer )" 
"MaxComputerSetSize"=dword:00000001 
"ComputerApplicabilityRelevance"=
"True"

The GoverRMC.exe file is in the path variable and using Start->Run-> “GoverRMC.exe PCNAME” does bring up the remote control application with the correct dialogue box on which you simply click OK to connect to the machine.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated … This would be a very useful addition for our Servicedesk technicians.

(imported comment written by Doug_Coburn)

Hi Erin,

If the local BES Console can’t find the executable it’ll return that error also. If the executable is not going to reside in the same folder as the BES Console then I’d recommend including the full path to it. I modified the relevance slightly from what you posted so give this a shot.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00   [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\GoverLAN] 
"MenuDisplayName"=
"&GoverLAN" 
"ShellCommandRelevance"=
"\"GoverRMC.exe \" & ((value of result (it, bes property \"DNS Name\")) of current computer )" 
"True"

Doug

(imported comment written by ErinC91)

Thanks for your reply Doug. I’ve modified the relevance you posted to include the full path but I’m still getting the same error. Any other suggestions ?

"MenuDisplayName"=
"&GoverLAN" 
"ShellCommandRelevance"=
"\"C:\Program Files\GoverLAN v5.5\GoverRMC.exe \" & ((value of result (it, bes property \"DNS Name\")) of current computer )" 
"True"

(imported comment written by Doug_Coburn)

Try this:

"MenuDisplayName"=
"&GoverLAN" 
"ShellCommandRelevance"=
"\"%22C:\Program Files\GoverLAN v5.5\GoverRMC.exe%22 \" & ((value of result (it, bes property \"DNS Name\")) of current computer )" 
"True"

I put quotes around the path to the executable.

(imported comment written by ErinC91)

Using the above code the GoverLAN right click option is greyed out!?

EDIT: Checked the registry and it hadn’t taken the “ShellCommandRelevance” line. Manually edited it into the registry. Still doesn’t work though.

Hi ,
Unfortunately, none of the suggestions here worked for me.
But I managed to crack it -
(I use Goverlan 11)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\GoverLAN]
"ComputerApplicabilityRelevance"="True"
"MenuDisplayName"="&GoverLAN"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\Program Files\\EV Reach Console 11\\GoverRMC.exe \" & name of current computer"
1 Like