Right Click for Registry

(imported topic written by RoBolton91)

Under the computers tab we have the an entry for the registry on a remote computers that I’m have a little trouble with… I have tried several different ways:

Example 1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Registry

“ComputerApplicabilityRelevance”="((value of property results whose ( name of property of it = “OS” ) of current computer) as string as lowercase contains “win”)"

“MaxComputerSetSize”=dword:00000005

“MenuDisplayName”="&Registry"

“ShellCommandRelevance”="“regedt32 \\” & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = “DNS Name” ) of current computer)"

Example 2

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Registry

“MaxComputerSetSize”=dword:00000001

“ComputerApplicabilityRelevance”=“True”

“ShellCommandRelevance”="“regedt32.exe /computer=\\” & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = “DNS Name” ) of current computer)"

Example 3

“MaxComputerSetSize”=dword:00000001

“ComputerApplicabilityRelevance”=“True”

“ShellCommandRelevance”=“C:\windows\system32\regedt32.exe " & ((value of result (it, bes property “DNS Name”)) of current computer )”

What I’m I missing here…

(imported comment written by RoBolton91)

no reply…

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hey RoBolton,

Do any of these options work when you just run them from the commandline?

Looks like you are trying to run the commands:

1. regedt32 \mycomputer

2. regedt32 /computer=\mycomputer

3. C:\windows\system32\regedt32.exe mycomputer

but, do any of these do what you want when you just run them on the commandline and not through the console?

I think I tried looking into this and didn’t find a way to call regedt from the commandline and launch it for a remote computer but not 100%.

(imported comment written by RoBolton91)

there is a remote registry service and you can connect to a remote machine through connect to network registry option…