RHSMDownloadCacher 1.0.0.6

@climson - While I see the 1.0.0.6 version of RHSMPlugin has generated an allowrepos.cfg file as expected per the Wiki post, the RHSMDownloadCacher 1.0.0.6 doesn’t seem to generate the file.

I manually created an allowrepos.cfg in the same directory as RHSMDownloadCacher.exe, but I’m still getting a lot of lines similar to

2017-03-16 16:28:01 : WARNING  :  path: repodata/productid
2017-03-16 16:28:01 : INFO     :  OS proxy settings: {}
2017-03-16 16:28:02 : WARNING  :  Getting from cache folder failed.
2017-03-16 16:28:02 : WARNING  :  baseurl: aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4ucmVkaGF0LmNvbS9jb250ZW50L2Rpc3QvcmhlbC93b3Jrc3RhdGlvbi82LzZXb
3Jrc3RhdGlvbi94ODZfNjQvb3JhY2xlLWphdmEvb3Mv
2017-03-16 16:28:02 : WARNING  :  path: repodata/15aefe87ca21f3c3a8a1a566e341cc5d699b6948648b49276cf9ce4d1cad71d1-update
info.xml.gz

Does the RHSMDownloadCacher.exe respect the allowrepos.cfg file, or is that only used by the RHSMPlugin? The Wiki page states the allowrepos.cfg should be available for both. And if the RHSMDownloadCacher is respecting allowrepos.cfg, are these messages still to be expected?

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Using%20the%20Red%20Hat%20Subscription%20Management%20(RHSM)%20download%20plug-in
After the RHSM download plug-in is run for the first time, a file called allowrepos.cfg is created in the same folder as the download plug-in and the download cacher. The file lists the Red Hat repositories that BigFix supports. By default, all repositories are allowed.

Good catch. You are right that the Repo Blacklist only applies to the RHSMPlugin and not the RHSMDownloadCacher. The RHSMDownloadCacher has no need to use the blacklist as the Repo is specified in the command line ("–key"). The RHSMDownloadCacher will not attempt to download repos not specified in the “–key” argument.

The Repo Blacklist is useful for the RHSMPlugin so as to avoid the issue where a package common to multiple repos will cause the RHSMPlugin to try to get the Metadata for all those Repos before downloading the package. This will cause a slow down as Repos that users have no entitlement to access will cause download failures and multiple retry attempts. This is something the RHSMPlugin cannot directly address and the Repo Blacklist was added as a workaround.

Therefore, the Repo Blacklist will only be applicable to the RHSMPlugin. @climson will be updating the documents to reflect that.

2017-03-16 16:28:02 : WARNING : Getting from cache folder failed.

This warning is not a problem, it just indicates and the Repo’s metadata was not found in the “cache” folder. Following this, the metadata will be retrieved and added to the “cache” folder.
This logging was just added in the latest update and we’ll be toning it down to an INFO log level in the next update.

As always, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks much, that clears it up for me. The updates to RHSMPlugin and RHSMDownloadCacher are working much better for us now.