RHEL Patching issues

Hi,

RHEL patches are failing and and when I check the info it is getting failed at last step
RHEL issue

RHEL Plugin is up to date

Thanks,

Take a look at the EDR log files on the client. That will help.

Is your cert valid?

2 Likes

yes cert is valid
but still it is showing in RHSM protocol logs
Could not find System Identity Certificate and Entitlement Certificate ‘E:\Apps\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\DownloadPlugins\RHSMProtocol\certs’

@jatinkhanna, can you verify that you’ve implemented the RHSM Plug-in (Red Hat) version 1.0.4.0 in the Manage Download Plug-ins dashboard? Also, do you have both the entitlement and identity certificates (i.e. .pem files) located under the following path?

(DRIVE):\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\DownloadPlugins\RHSMProtocol\certs\cert_set_1

These certs would come directly from the RHEL access portal.

1 Like

Hi,

are these 2 different .pem files , I can see only 1 .pem file present at this location

On my root BES server (Win2k16 / MSSQL2k16) it’s two distinct PEM files that were obtained via the RHEL access portal.

thanks I will check and get back to you and plugin version is up to date

Two questions for you:

Have you successfully patched RHEL endpoints in the past?
Have you imported the RPM-GPG-KEY?

As @Jared mentioned, the EDR logs will hold some key information as to why the patches are failing. Take a look at EDR_DeploymentResults.txt (located in /var/opt/BESClient/EDRDeployData/).

2 Likes

Hi,
Our main root server is windows ,Can we register a windows server as a system in Red Hat portal and attach a subscription to it so that patches come in main Windows root server console

@jatinkhanna, yes you can register a Windows root BES server in the RHEL Access portal. The following screenshots are from my RHEL Access portal for my Win2k16 LAB root BES server.

3 Likes