Retrieve doesn't work through Bigfix but does through QNA

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hi all,

First time poster so i hope this is the right spot.

I have created a retrieve property for a setting within Java that I change from a task i send out.

if (name of operating system =“Win7”) then (if (exists file “deployment.properties” of folder (value of variable “userprofile” of environment & “\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment”)) then(if (exists lines whose (it contains “deployment.security.mixcode=HIDE_RUN”) of file “deployment.properties” of folder (value of variable “userprofile” of environment & “\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment”)) then (“NEW”) else (“old”)) else (“java not installed”)) else (if (exists file “deployment.properties” of folder (value of variable “userprofile” of environment & “\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment”)) then(if (exists lines whose (it contains “deployment.security.mixcode=HIDE_RUN”) of file “deployment.properties” of folder (value of variable “userprofile” of environment & “\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment”)) then (“NEW”) else (“old”)) else (“java not installed”))

When i test the retrieve property through qna on several machines it workes properly for every scenario of java not being installed, it’s installed but has the old setting and also the new setting. But when I setup the retrieve through bigfix the “NEW” doens’t work. The “java not installed” and “old” report back fine. but anything that should be “NEW” comes back with . Is there something i need to change in here?

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

The QnA runs as your account, the Console version runs as the system account. Change your “value of variable “userprofile” of environment” to “name of current user” or something similar to allow it to work.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Thanks. That fixed it.