Retreive Missing Patches by Computername

(imported topic written by james_fryman91)

Hello!

I am trying to find out a way to display a web report that flips the way reporting occurs. I’ve been asked to provide a report that shows each computer in BigFix and displays a computer and the total number of missing enterprise patches (microsoft) that remain outstanding.

The report needs to be exportable to CSV for manipulation. What would be the best way to go about discovering this data? I’d appreciate any help offered.

Thanks.

-James

(imported comment written by BenKus)

What about this?

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=898

You should be able to copy/past to excel I think…

Ben

(imported comment written by james_fryman91)

So I was looking at that report, and it seemed to be very helpful… but the data I’m being asked for is more comprehensive than a number. It has to include the total number of missing patches/service packs per machine, either in a consecutive column view or a single text field with lots of data

(imported comment written by james_fryman91)

I guess I’m looking for something along the lines of a relevance line that would return…

list of relevant fixlets of site whose (name of it = “Enterprise Security”)

This is undefined, since there is no ‘list’ or ‘names’ clause… what would be the better way to do this?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Try this:

In webreports, go to “Create Report” > “Computer Properties” > Click the box “Include Relevant Fixlets”.

Does this meet your needs? You can use the Filters to filter out computers/Fixlets.

Ben

(imported comment written by jb11191)

I’m not sure anyone is monitoring this subject but I’ll post anyway. Like James, I would like a missing Microsoft patches report on a single server. I used Ben’s suggestion (“Create Report” > “Computer Properties” > Click the box “Include Relevant Fixlets”). It came back with several properties and pages 1-265 (2 servers per page). Is there a way to filter beyond this? Here are the options I see under create filter:

+Saved Filter

+Database

+Site

+Computer

+Fixlet / Task / Baseline / Analysis

Hi system -
Did you achieved what you were trying to do?
I am looking to have a Microsoft Missing Patches report that shows:

• Installed Patches
  • Missing Patches

“System” is a replacement username for posts that were moved out of an older forum. This post was 10 years ago. You may need to start a new thread for your question.