Restart endpoints once every 7 days

If i create this action for the " restart needed " fixlet as an policy

will this result in an that shows an message to the end user (the messages tab is setup) to restart their machine and 7 days later when an restart is needed again it will show the popup again?

i dont want to use the " whenever it becomes relevant again" because that will mean if they need an restart on friday and an restart is needed on tuesday agan they’ll be immediatbly be hit by the restart prompt. To not annoy the customers too much i’d like the restart to happen once every 7 days.

i’m afraid it wont work because after the reboot its not relevant again and mostly likely wont be targetted again?

This should work as you described.

ok thanks i was really in doubt so made a custom copy of the fixlet with an extra relevance " (uptime of operating system > 7*day) " i’ll test the original one on our development platform also

We are currently using this at our facility

Relevance - (now - boot time of operating system) >7*day)

and this for the execution tab.

It has been working for almost a year with no issues. Once the action is relevant again they get a prompt to reboot and have 24 hours to do so themselves before Bigfix will reboot it.

I’m doing something similar. I have an automatic computer group from this relevance:

uptime of operating system > 7*day

Then I just point an action @ that group. Then that runs @11P daily. If this condition is true, computer gets restarted in 5 min.

Pretty similar to what others are doing, but I find this to be easy to replicate and add properties for more granular control over this activity (for instance don’t restart sql servers, etc.)