Restart Command - Shutdown /g

I am attempting to push a custom restart fixlet that would restore apps after a reboot by using “dos Shutdown /g”. The command runs successfully using Fixlet Debugger but it does nothing when using a task fixlet.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Please have a look at this thread. You should consider using the client restart action, see comments from Alan in that thread.

We currently use the restart action as you recommended. The custom restart action fixlet is more for end user convenience when reboots are needed midday to relaunch all open applications.

Perhaps this action needs to be run as the currently logged on user. Try using the override command in your script, with the option to RunAs=currentuser.

https://developer.bigfix.com/action-script/reference/execution/override.html

I see. I’m afraid the dos shutdown waits for users to logoff. Maybe you should add /f to your command, did you try it ? BUT be careful of the implications. The other aspect is if it must run in “user context”. As a reminder the BigFix Agent runs as System on Windows.

I use a right click option for restarting PCs, you could edit the switches to meet your needs. The ShellCommandRelevance I use is “shutdown -m \”&hostname of current computer &" -r -f"

1 Like