RestAPI not working

Okay, I have been trying to connect to the REST API but have fallen short… I’m unclear on which URL I need to target or if the port is actually required.

https://{orgBFServer.org}/api/computers

It seems that even with authenticating (I’m using RStudio and also cURL to test), it returns the login page XML but not any information. When I try to add the :52311 it says connection refused…

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanky ou!

Yes you should include the :52311 in the URL (assuming you’re using the default port)

1 Like

In addition to the reply from @JasonWalker you can also hit the URL from your browser to validate the URL is correct. It should give you a login prompt

1 Like

I went to that URL within mine and it says it refused to connect. Maybe I don’t have something set up correctly on the backend?

More than likely a firewall rule blocking the traffic, or a proxy config on the browser.

It’s very common to block direct traffic to the BigFix server. Start from a machine running the BigFix Console - we use the same port for the API as for the Console, so if the Console can connect the API should too.

2 Likes

I actually just had the console installed on my PC to test it and it worked… I’m lost at why even going to the :52311 isn’t working.

Nevermind, I was using the wrong URL…lol Appreciate all the help.

2 Likes