REST : "Take action" equivalent

(imported topic written by Marc_483)

Is there any way to trigger a Task like we ussually do with the “Take Action” button in the TEM console ? Using the REST API I presume ?

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Yes, the REST API can do that.

Here is the Wiki page on Action:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/RESTAPI%20Action

That will take you into the right area of the Wiki for the REST API.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Marc_483)

thank you for the link. I see an example for posting an Action from a source fixlet, however I don’t see in the xsd anything to post an Action from a source task. Do I need to use the SourcedFixletAction with a TaskId like that ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <BES xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="BES.xsd">
   <SourcedFixletAction>
   <SourceFixlet>
   <Sitename>TestSite</Sitename>
   <TaskID>83</TaskID>
   <Action>Action1</Action>
   </SourceFixlet>
   <Target>
   <ComputerName>bhobbs-db</ComputerName>
   </Target>
   <Parameter Name="_BESClient_EMsg_Detail">1000</Parameter>
   </SourcedFixletAction>
   </BES>

Don’t change the element name, just use FixletID and plug in your Fixlet, Task, or Baseline IDs.

The term Fixlet can sometimes be confusing as it can be used to refer to a generic class, or a specific subclass.

Fixlet is a super class referring to --> Fixlet, Task, Baseline, and Analysis.

Examples, when you use the BES Fixlet object in Session Relevance, there are flags to indicate where they are one of those subclasses:

number of bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true)

number of bes fixlets whose (task flag of it = true)

number of bes fixlets whose (baseline flag of it = true)

number of bes fixlets whose (analysis flag of it = true)

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Marc_483)

ok, it works fine with the fixlet ID ! Do you know if it is possible to post MultipleActionGroup to this api ? Or do I have to fetch all the actions of the MAG and trigger them one by one ?

thanx for your help

Sorry I don’t off hand whether the REST API works with Multi-Action Group.

(imported comment written by mcalvi91)

Multi-action groups are not documented nor are building baselines available though it appears as if there are some hooks for it in the future…hopefully?