Reset Office 365 ProPlus 2013 and/or 2016 activation state

Has anyone by chance come up with a Fixlet that will reset and Office Click-2-Run (C2R) activation state? Similar to what is described here.

In our scenario, after an acquisition where users were using C2R, their activations started to expire. In the article above, we found that performing the first two steps resolved the problem. The user would open Office and have to login again using their new credentials. The downside is that the entries (the last five of the license) are all different. This makes it more difficult to automate.

I would think that this would be a common situation that many companies would find themselves in. Perhaps worth IBM adding it to their Office 365 management fixlets?

I know this is over 2 years old but was wondering if you or anyone else has created a fixlet that does this. We occasionally get systems for whatever reason cannot auto renew via KMS and this would be a great fixlet to auto repair them.

We wound up creating a fixlet which ran the OLicenseCleanup.vbs described and located here. We found it worked best when run as Current User, but often worked when run “normally” as System.

1 Like

How did you setup the relevance?

Nothing special other than Office being installed. This was a break/fix fixlet. I don’t think you can evaluate the existence of the symptom and target only those.