Reporting on one reg key with two value results

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

I am trying to write the relevence for an analysis with the below criteria, and could use assistance:

The reg key for both returns is the same, however the report will kick back different strings based of 1 of 2 possile values. If the key doesnt exist, then N/A should appear.

What I have so far:

exists (key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” of registry AND (exists value “0” whose (it as string = “PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_”)) of it) then “AHCI” OR (exists value “0” whose (it as string = “Root\LEGACY_IASTOR\0000”) of it then “Compatibility” as string) else “N/A”

Still very green at this, so be gentle with the comments of my relevance language so far. :slight_smile:

(imported comment written by MrFixit)

I don’t have that value in my registry but I used a similar one to demonstrate. I will build portions of the relevance statement a piece at a time and then put them together at the end.

q: exists key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Enum” of registry

A: True

I: singular boolean

q: exists value “0” of key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Enum” of registry

q: exists key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Enum” whose (exists value “0” of it) of registry

q: if (exists key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Enum” whose (exists value “0” of it) of registry) then ((value “0” of key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Enum” of registry) as string) else “N/A”

A: ACPI\PNP0303\4&371c94b&0

I: singular string

Does this get you closer to what you are looking for? You can go further in your comparsions and nest if-then statements to get more specific or more friendly results.

-Gary

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

That didnt get me there yet, but it helped, this is where I am at so far…

if (exists value “0” whose (it as string starts with “PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” of registry) then “AHCI” else if (exists value “0” whose (it as string starts with “Root\LEGACY_IASTOR\0000”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” of registry) then “Compatibility” else if (exists no key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum”) then “N/A” as string

E: This expression could not be parsed.

I have to be close. Futher tailoring and I am here

q: if (exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” whose (exists value “0” of it) of registry) then (if (value “0” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” of registry as string starts with “PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_”) then (“AHCI”) else (if (value of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” of registry as string starts with “Root\LEGACY_IASTOR\0000”) then (“COMPATIBILITY”))) else (“N/A”)

(imported comment written by MrFixit)

You are getting closer. I made a couple of changes…

if (exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” whose (exists value “0” of it) of registry) then (if (value “0” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” of registry as string starts with “PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_”) then (“AHCI”) else (if (value “0” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Enum” of registry as string starts with “Root\LEGACY_IASTOR\0000”) then (“COMPATIBILITY”) else (“N/A”))) else “No Key”

-Gary

Perfect! That did it!

Thank you MrFixit