Reporting computers subscribed to site > 2 hours

I have automated much of the post VM deployment work for Windows and Linux VMs with content and baselines housed in a custom “ServerBuild” site all new builds are subscribed to at the time the client comes online. The last step of the baselines includes unsubscribing the VM from the “ServerBuild” site.

Recently due to changes to the image or agent content, we had a case where some new VM were stuck and it was not noticed for a couple days over the weekend.

Looking for help to create a scheduled webreport that will run hourly and report on computers subscribed to a site called “ServerBuild” for longer than 2 hours since typically, patching and agent installs etc takes > 1 hour.

I can do this with Client relevance:
exists site whose (type of it = "Custom Site" and (site tag of it = "CustomSite_ServerBuild" AND now - subscribe time of it > 2 * hour))

Its the session relevance that has me stuck.
I’m OK with webreports via GUI but I’ve not done much by way of custom reporting.

I’m not sure you’d even need Session Relevance for this one. Just put that client relevance into a Fixlet in your ServerBuild site, and then build a Web Report through Explore->Computers.

Add a Filter for “Content Name” and “Content Site”, and add a Column for “Relevant Fixlets”. That should build a report showing the computers that are relevant to your Fixlet.

Thanks for the pointer to the simpler solution Jason. I was headed to “complexityville”.

I added an automatic group to the build site with that relevance and a scheduled Webreport of members who have been site subscribed for > 2 hours. In my experience, the operators here find an always visible group that should have 0 members more intuitive than “warning fixlets” that are non-relevant/hidden most of the time.

1 Like