Report When Patch Site Version Changes

Hello

WE are running the latest version of BigFix and would like to send out a report to our system admins, every time there is a change in the site version for Windows patching. Is this possible using webreports? Has anyone done this before?

The intent is to prod the various system administrators to check BigFix more frequently and hopefully apply patches more frequently.

It should be possible to do in Web Reports, though it will require a Custom Report. I won’t be able to test today but a report with session relevance like

(name of it, version of it) of bes sites
along with a Scheduled Report that emails only when the results change, should be a starting point.

It’s probably easier to just Subscribe to the Release Announcements category here in the Forum, though. I posted some instructions at Subscribing / Watching a Forum Category

Thank you for the ideas. The intent here is to populate a internal email list that would have access to the official email distribution list. So I used this based on your session relevance and this worked well (names of it, versions of it) of bes sites. I then took that output and created version of bes site whose (name of it = “Enterprise Security”) which provided a specific site version for windows patching.

I then took that copied it from the QNA tab in webreports and went to add this to a custom report. When I tried to preview the result in the custom report instead of a version number like 4008 or 4015 it returned the session relevance version of bes site whose (name of it = “Enterprise Security”). Not what I expected. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Are you putting the abbreviation that what you are pasting relevance around the actual code?

<?Relevance version of bes site whose (name of it = “Enterprise Security”) ?>

UGH, Perfect. Thank you very much.

1 Like