Report to compare computer properties on different days

Is there a way to compare reports from the same computer on different days? For instance, to check any hardware modifications?

There is a way to have a report emailed if it’s content changes.

Look under Scheduled Reports. (I’m not in the office right now, so the wording might be different.)

We use Splunk for collecting historical data where needed on a per-property basis. Say you had a disk space property and you wanted to map trends over time, you could export the data to Splunk on an interval basis and this would give you the ability to view trending data.

As far as I am aware, BigFix doesn’t store historical information; as a live system it only stores the latest information available.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers.

I’ve found the Scheduled Activities but I couldn’t make it work as I expected. The BESEmailer is working fine and I received the test mail, so I think it is something about the acitivity setting.

I’m trying to create an alert that sends an e-mail when the size of RAM of a computer decreases. I’m using the following settings:

• Generate report on every refresh (currently every 15 seconds)
  • Match relevance conditions: (size of ram / (1024*1024)) > 10000
  • Generate report when answer changes

However the activity seems not to trigger with those settings and no mail is delivered.
Any ideas about what is wrong?