Report Printers installed on every machine

Hello,
With an Analysis I have to find and list all the printers that are installed on our computers. I’ve made a relevance but when a computer has more than one printer it shows <multiple results>.

Is there any procedure in order to list installed printers on each computers listed in different columns ?

This is what I have so far :

unique values of (it as string) of (values "printShareName" of keys "DsSpooler" of it, values "description" of keys "DsSpooler" of it, values "location" of keys "DsSpooler" of it, values "ShortServerName" of keys "DsSpooler" of it) of keys of keys whose (name of it ="Printers") of keys of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\Client Side Rendering Print Provider\Servers" of registry

1 Like

I edited your post to put code tags around your query and results so it appears readable in the forum.

You cannot dynamically create new columns (each column is a separate Property). There are two ways I know of you could handle this -

1. If you double-click the Computer, the Summary tab shows all of the results for each property
  2. You could create a property that concatenates the plural results into a single string -

concatenation "; " of unique values of (it as string) of (values "printShareName" of keys "DsSpooler" of it, values "description" of keys "DsSpooler" of it, values "location" of keys "DsSpooler" of it, values "ShortServerName" of keys "DsSpooler" of it) of keys of keys whose (name of it ="Printers") of keys of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\Client Side Rendering Print Provider\Servers" of registry

1 Like

Ok. The Second option works like a charm, and it is what I was looking for. Thank you very much

Hello again, is it possibile to find out which printers does have every user installed on any computer ?
I mean if there are 3 poeple that have 3 differents users on a computer is there a way to find out which printers they have installed individually ?

Not in any meaningful way that’s worth the effort. Those are stored in the per-user registry and only available when a user is logged on.

It might be possible using an Action to mount each user registry hive and search, but I’ve not tried it.

Thank you for the answer.

Luckly the first report you helped me with was enough detailed for my collegues therefore no more effort required.