Report Available: Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group

(imported comment written by Sagar_v_D)

Thanks, Lee Wei

After modification in script 0 applicable Fixlets part worked fine.

My second request is in report PIE chart show total fixlet compliance that is installed and outstanding . I want to modify it with total compliance by computers that is 100% compliance and less than 100% compliance .

Regards,

Sagar D

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Hi Sagar,

With the source code for the report provided, it is possible to modify the report, but youā€™d have to know JavaScript and parse through my spaghetti. :slight_smile:

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Doood)

I have the same issueā€¦ perhaps Iā€™m looking for a different reportā€¦ Iā€™d also like to be able to reference a baseline and a groupā€¦ and have hosts not applicable appear as 100%ā€¦ Itā€™s compliant with all of the components of the baseline regardless of how the patch (or whatever) got installed. This is similar to how the reports work in security and complianceā€¦ Have you been able to find any web reports that do this? Right now this report seems to only work if you had TEM install every componentā€¦

(imported comment written by ringelr91)

I have a problem that just started up a day or so ago. There are no longer any values in the
Computer Group Droplist Filter.

I
tried resetting the Web Reports Services and also rebooting the server but neither has had any effect on the report. I am still unable to select any groups for analysys. Is there anything else I can do? This same problem exists for the report
Fixlet Compliance by Content v1.1
on my server.

If I were to guess, one of the names of the groups might have some characters that are not being handled properly.

This is the statement that is issued against the server to retrieve and build the droplist.

(ā€œAll Computers (ā€ & it as string & ā€œ)ā€) of number of bes computers; (ā€œAll Windows Computers (ā€ & it as string & ā€œ)ā€) of number of bes computers whose (operating system of it as lowercase contains ā€œwinā€); unique values of (name of it & " (" & size of member sets of it as string & ā€œ)ā€) of bes computer groups ; ā€œCustom Relevance Expression (0)ā€

Run it in the TEM Console under menu Debug/Presentation Debugger. If you donā€™t see the Debug menu, press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-D then check the ā€œShow Debug Menuā€ box.

On my computer, I get the following.

All Computers (22)
All Windows Computers (10)
Bluthner (10)
Clifden Site (13)
Huff Building (3)
SWD App Group bfclientcli (13)
Test Lab (9)
Custom Relevance Expression (0)

This might give us a clue with regards to the problem.

You can also use the browser debug console to see what errors might have been encountered by the JavaScript.

If anything I mentioned does not make sense, please let me know and I see help further.

Lee Wei

I ran the debugger as you suggested and it comes back clean with no errors. I am open for any other suggestions.

Rick

Lee,

I could use any suggestions you can offer at this point.

Rick

When you ran the Relevance Statement above, what did you get as the output?

Lee,

Just like in your example, I got a complete listing of all of the groups that I have and there were no errors associated with any of them and there were no issues of any kind reported by the debugger.

Rick

Looks like something went wrong between when the data was returned from the Server with a list of computer groups, and when the data is populated into the droplist.

The source code is in the following file. Looks like around line 465.

C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\ext-3.2.0\fixlet_compliance.js

(imported comment written by nagaraj.s)

hi

how to create a sub group in tivoli endpoint manager console

please help me and send the screen shorts for my email id

Nagaraj,

Can you please ask the question on Console usage in a different forum and thread?

Thank you for doing that.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by shakish)

Hello Lee,

We are trying to run the report for compliance on our 2, RHEL 5.8 servers agaist the RHEL 5 Native tools patches. We do get the attached error message.

We do get the compliance report fine on RHEL 6 patchsā€¦

Your help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Shakish TM

Hmm, I donā€™t see an error in the attached picture.

Can you please see if there are any errors in the browser JavaScript console?

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by shakish)

Hi Lee,

I donā€™t see any errors as such in the java console. Infact I am getting the output with RHEL 6 and other OS. Issue is only with RHEL 5.

I tried on IE, Chrome, Firefox, I even tried on different systems / servers, still the same issue.

Is there anyway I could show you the issue over screen share and have a contact with you?

Warm regards,

Shakish TM

(imported comment written by MikeBrewer)

I am having an issue with this report showing the correct compliance of VMview machines. The way we patch our VMview Desktops are as follows. There is a set of master templates that we patch once we get ISRC (our compliance and securty group) approval we then take a snapshot of the VMware Machines then go into to VMview Control Panel and tell tel desktops to use that snapshot versus the old snapshot we then refresh the 150ish machines in VMwiew Control Panel and all those machines get the patching cycle. Now for the reason I am on here asking for help. Once that is done those 150ish machines now report as 5 Total Patches, 0 Installed Patches, 5 Missing Patches and a 0.00% Compliancy.

(imported comment written by Fcruson)

Hi Lee,

We use this report all the time, itā€™s great.

Do you know if anyone has added the column for Computer Groups to the results in the ā€œCompliance forā€¦ā€ grid and published it as a new report? I am getting requests for multiple groups compliance and if I could sort the results be Computer Groups that I used in the Filter that would save allot of time. I do not know any Java though.

Frank Cruson

Hi Frank,

I canā€™t think of an easy way to do this.

We have 2 areas to work on.

Firstly, the report needs to be modified manually to add a column, and it is written in JavaScript, so we need someone familiar with that to make changes.

Secondly, you want to add a attribute of ā€œComputer Groupā€ to a computer. What happens if a Computer belongs to more than one Group? That makes it difficult to sort by the Group column.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Fcruson)

OK thank you, I will look for other options

(imported comment written by Security_admin)

Since you are the creator of this report, cpuld you please provide inputs on how can we automate this report. ? Also can you please help us with the source code?