Repeatidly sending a modified file

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hello,i want to transfer a specific file, at a specific time from the server to the clients everyday while the file gets modified.So basically i want to do the work that the uploader manager does.Any suggestions?

Thanks

Markos

(imported comment written by Bill.Ehardt)

If you said to transfer straight from the wwwrootbes folder, you could just say to download the file. Something like:

download now http://:52311/folder/filename.txt

This way you can just update the file in like c:\program files (x86)\BigFix Enterprises\Bes server\wwwrootbes\folder

The only issue with this way is that you don’t have the same security/filechecks if you used a sha1 value, etc. It would transfer anything called filename.txt, even if the file is corrupt, etc.

If you wanted to grab a file and distribute, that is tougher. I am working on something similar to work in 3 parts. 1) Grab file with upload manager, 2) create policy action on bigfix server to look for that file and move to the wwwrootbes folder, 3) policy action to push daily at a certain time each day

I’m trying to do similar stuff now… so I’m working my way through what I’m trying/thinking now.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hi,thanks for the reply.

basically i want to:

1)Download an X file from the server to the client everyday at a specified time

2)repeat the action everyday with the altered X file.

since the

download now

grabs the file and places it in a temp folder how the next day it will grab the altered/changed file.Do you see what i mean?From my point of view it will distribute the X file that i uploaded at the very first action.Hope that helps…