Removed Operator Site is still being added to Client (Agent) for Gather

Hello Team,

Can someone please let me know if anyone had come across the below situation in your accounts?

Issue Description: Sometime back we have removed one of the operators from BigFix Console, Even after removing the operator from the console, the clients are still trying to gather the opsite in question.

We have performed gather reset on all relays (we started performing from low-level relays and till top level relays), but still clients are trying to gather the removed OPSITE.

So part of the troubleshooting, I tried looking for any files or folders (under wwwrootbes/bfmirror/bfsites on the root server), I was able to find one folder related to the OPSITE. So I removed those OPSITE entries from both the XML files (bfemapfile.xml & gatherstate.xml) and removed the folder whatever I found on the root server bfsites folders from the path I mentioned above.

Then restarted all services on the root server and I was looking only for BES Client logs on the root server, however the agent is still trying to gather for the OPSITE and it throws Failed to synchronize error, 404 (url not found error, which is expected). This was happening from the beginning before I performed those xml clean-up and bfsites clean-up.

Now the next step, I did removed that specific OPSITE folder from the root server BES Client folder and restarted the agent, now I am not seeing the above error but still the agent on the root server is trying to add the OPSITE to the list in question.

Site ‘opsite145’ is not yet available on selected relay. Awaiting notification of availability.
Successful Synchronization with site ‘opsite145’ (version 0) - ‘http://xxxxxxxx:52311/cgi-bin/bfgather.exe/opsite145

Please let me know if anyone have seen this issue before and how did we resolved the problem? Thanks in Advance.