Remove BESClient failing

(imported topic written by olsonc5891)

We are over our license limit and I am attempting to remove servers that will be decommissioned. However, the “TROUBLESHOOTING Remove BES Clients” failing on almost all the machines I am trying to remove. This is where it fails:

Failed

move “__download/BESRemove-7.2.4.60.exe” “{if (exists variable “temp” of environment) then (value of variable “temp” of environment as string & “\BESRemove-7.2.4.60.exe”) else (pathname of folder “temp” of windows folder as string & “\BESRemove-7.2.4.60.exe”)}” …

The clients are on version 8.0.627.0 but from what I read in the relevancy, (version of client >= “5.1”)

this shouldn’t make a difference. I need to get rid of these servers but they keep popping up. Is there a new BES fixlet for version 8.0? If so, I could not find it.

Please advise…

Thanks,

Chris

(imported comment written by StacyLee)

look as if the task needs to be updated to use the newer BESRemove tool.

http://support.bigfix.com/bes/install/downloadutility.html#besremove

Have you tried the 1st action “Click here to uninstall the BES Client” it doesn’t look like it uses the BES remove utility there and performs a uninstall.

or you could create a custom copy of the task and replace the BES remove 72460 with the 8.1 version.