Remote Control Secondary domain

Hi ,

Is it possible to define secondary domain for ldap in remote control ? I know that it is not possible old versions.I hope new versions supports this. (we want to add 2 domain users)

Hi,
What you require is not currently supported. Please open an enhancement request.
The product currently does support Active Directory forest (AD forest). Not quite the same thing but maybe it is sufficient to address your requirement.

1 Like

As @asecoman pointed out there is currently no way to add multiple DC to the Remote Control server.
If the targets managed by each user belonging to the different DC are not the same you can deploy another Remote Control server and let the targets registered to that server to be managed by the specific domain users.

Please up-vote the following Request for Enhancement:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=116520

1 Like

Hi ,

my user base config is ;

ldap.userBase=(DC=AAA,DC=com)
ldap.userSearch=(userPrincipalName={0}@AAA.com}

I want to use BBB.com domain users. I asked our windowsadmin group. And they said that we are using AD forest. Is it possible to use BBB.com domain users with AD forest?

Hi swiars,

Unfortunately you can only use one domain at time. Even if you add the root DC of the forest in the Connection URL you can only specify one domain in either the User base or Group base. This mean either AAA.com or BBB.com. I don’t know if you can use the root domain in the user or group base. If AAA and BBB are in the same forest they probably share the same base domain (something like mydomain.com) and they are specified like AAA.mydomain.com and BBB.mydomain.com.

You can try to add the root domain in the Connection URL and put DC=mydomain,DC=com and see if the sub domain are automatically queried. However I believe that the root DC mydomain.com must be a Global Catalog. Take a look at this post. So it seems like the port used in the Connection URL also matters.

Let us know if you can get it working.
Federico