Relevence debugger highlighting

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

One thing that would be great is if you highlighted an “it” in the relevance of the relevance debugger, that it would highlight what it thinks “it” is.

Paul

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Paul,

If you download the

latest version

of the relevance debugger, you can use the graphical view (View --> New Graphical Beakdown Tab) to see how the data flows through your expression, and clicking an ‘it’ will show you all the values of ‘it’.

-Jesse

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

That’s helpful for the values that “it” becomes, but I was thinking about a way to highlight “it” and see what section of relevance code is a pointer to “it”.

So I’m thinking about a highlighting before it’s evaluated, much like if you highlight a “(” it’ll show you the cooresponding “)”.

Paul

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Paul,

If the “it” is inside a whose clause just follow the line entering the whose clause. When the line reaches an intersection, the object to the right of the intersection is what the “it” is referencing.

If the “it” is outside a whose clause, you can follow the line to the right and the next object is what the “it” is referencing.

Does that help?

Jesse

The graphical view does show this information, but it seems like having this more easily available would be useful. Request filed.

Ok, thanks.

Here’s kind of what I was thinking.

Selecting an “it” would highlight the cooresponding object that it refers to:

Selecting the first “it”…

(

color=red

it

[/color] as string contains “11” or it as string contains “10”) of

color=red

value “ProductName”

[/color] of key whose (value “PackageCode” of it = “166F59DC4C5A5F44B947A5DE3E583731”) of key “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products” of registry

…or…

Selecting the “it” inside a whose…

(it as string contains “11” or it as string contains “10”) of value “ProductName” of

color=red

key

[/color] whose (value “PackageCode” of

color=red

it

[/color] = “166F59DC4C5A5F44B947A5DE3E583731”) of key “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products” of registry

-Paul