Relevance query issue in Fixlet Debugger with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

hi, i am facing a challenge while generate true / false in fixlet debugger session , if i choose run with fixlet debugger option i got the right result but when i run the query with local client it shows wrong result

Run query with Fixlet Debugger option - correct output

Run query with local client option - wrong output

Pls advice how to fix this issue ?

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT is virtual hive, contructed by merging data from HKLM & HKCU

The debugger runs under the context of the user, but the client runs as SYSTEM.

So, if you use the option to run as local system, the relevance evaluation is passed off to the BESClient service and runs as SYSTEM, not as you.

3 Likes

0k, i am going to use this clause finally into bigfix action -

problem is same for my action , as this relevance code i put into bigfix action and due to local system behavior of client it evaluate to false and action comes Not relevant ,

so how to evaluate the relevance in user context in bigfix fixlet ?

You woud have to code it to look explicitly in hkcu\software\classes if you want to make user by user changes

But the coding to get HKCU from a process running as SYSTEM needs a bit of coding - a forum search will give you plenty of examples

2 Likes

Keys "Software" of user keys of logged on users should give you a start

1 Like
q:default value of key "Software\Classes\.html" of (current user keys (logged on users) of registry)
A: htmlfile_vj
T: 0.021 ms

q:(exists default value whose (it as string != "htmlfile") of key "Software\Classes\.html" of (current user keys (logged on users) of registry))
A: True
T: 0.032 ms
1 Like