Relevance Not Making Sense

Hi all,

I am trying to create an automatic group for all of our Windows Oracle servers. We have workstations that have the Oracle client, but I am not interested in that for now. It does not matter the version either (would be nice but not really needed), I just need to know if Oracle is installed and running on the server. I checked online, but did not find anything that I thought would work.

I started with a basic relevance, just to see if the server has Oracle in the registry and I ran into an issue. A server that I know has Oracle installed for some reason when I query using qna on server it is reporting back incorrectly. This also happen if I query using the webui console.

As you can see from the image below, I am able to get a successful response if I just query the “Oracle” key, but if I try to just go one folder deeper, the relevance fails.

I know this is not all the relevance I need to determine if Oracle is installed, but like I mentioned I am starting with the basics.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Any help with this or relevance for grouping Oracle servers would be appreciated. Thanks.

try … “of native registry”

2 Likes

That should be exactly right.
To expound a bit, by default the “registry” object redirects to the 32-bit registry (for backward compatibility) and you need to use the “native registry” object to avoud being redirected to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node.

Similarly, on the filesystem there are separate inspectors for “native system folder” and “native program files folder”

1 Like

Yes that worked. Thanks. Now I just need to get the rest of the relevance working.