Relevance help with custom dashboard in Sefl Service App

I have a long if/else statement to solve this problem currently, but I feel like there must be a way to solve this with string manipulation instead - let me explain what is happeneing.

When I run this in the debugger, I get results of IPs listed on new lines as seen here
q: addresses of adapters of network
A: 172.19.48.1
A: 172.16.200.123
T: 15.072 ms

However, putting this in the SSA returns these multiple IPs on the same line. as 172.19.48.1172.16.200.123

I cannot do something like “address of adapter 1 of network” because this will show home networks instead of the VPN IP address given by our VPN client. There are also devs and others on my team who have multiple network adapters showing up that differ from device to deivce.

So my question - within the Self-Service App, how can I return the results on new lines? Do I need to do some line code within the HTML for this or can I modify the relevance to return newlines after each IP is returned?

Thanks!

Yes, the Relevance would return all results in one string; it’s the Fixlet Debugger that is rendering them for you on separate lines (the same would happen for relevance in a Parameter or Createfile in ActionScript).
You’ll need to render the HTML.

If this is rendering inside an HTML Textbox you could use
Concatenation “%0a” of (it as string) of addresses of adapters of network

If this is in a plain-html area (like a table cell or just part of BODY) you could use

ps of (it as string) of addresses of adapters of network

(Here, ‘ps’ refers to the plural of the HTML <p> element. You can also use HTML elements like ‘table of’ or ‘trs of’ or ‘tds of’ strings to make HTML elements)

Once again, thank you Jason.

This is the table for the section in question in our custom dashboard and the html I ended up with to have the IPs separated by " | " which is certainly readable to the enduser

<tr> 
     <td valign="top">IP Address: </td>
     <td style="padding-left: 15px;"><?relevance Concatenation "%0a&#124;%0a" of (it as string) of addresses of adapters of network ?></td>
   </tr>

1 Like