Relevance for client "registration date" with bigfix

Hello,

I am looking for a way to see the date or datetime that the client was originally checked into Bigfix. This could be file/folder date on the machine itself, something in the SQL tables if SQL can be queried, something in WMI or the registry… I just can’t seem to find anything to get my need met.

Any help would be awesome!

A relevance clause that is typically leveraged for this use case is:

subscribe time of site “actionsite”

A property based on this relevance should allow the endpoints to return when they first subscribed to the Actionsite, which is typically very closely associated with when they first ‘checked in’. Given that this information essentially does not change, I’d recommend setting it’s evaluation interval to something very high.

1 Like

Very good! Thank you very much.

I use the following to give a nice format in reports - an elaboration of @Aram 's statement. And I agree, no need to evaluate often at all.

(month of it as two digits & “/” & day_of_month of it as two digits & “/” & year of it as string) of date (local time zone) of (minimum of subscribe times of sites)

I prefer this variation:

minimum of subscribe times of sites

This describes what you are looking for without calling out “actionsite” specifically, though they should both always be the same. (because actionsite should always be the first site that is subscribed to by the client)

Note that if the client is uninstalled and then reinstalled, in most cases the subscribe time of sites should stay the same, but if you use the removal tool, and then reinstall, then the subscribe times should be updated to the new install time. ( I’m not completely certain of all of the circumstances possible )

1 Like