Relevance error message

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

I am trying to create a retrieved property that will give me the Domain Role for a computer. It works fine, but on some computers I get this error message when I run the code in QnA or RD:

“The expression could not be evaluated: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.”

The retrieved property just comes back with of course.

This happens on a machine that has plenty of free memory and disk space, which were my first thoughts.

Thanks,

Jim

(imported comment written by brolly3391)

Jim,

Can you please copy the relevance you are using for your Retrived Property out to this thread so we can take a look?

Cheers,

Brolly

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Sorry, been busy! (i’m sure nobody else has that problem. :slight_smile:

Here’s the relevance I’ve used for both v5 and v6. Machines of both version get

if ( name of operating system as lowercase starts with “win” ) then ( if ( exists wmi ) then ( preceding text of first “;” of following text of substrings ( ( string value of select ( “DomainRole from Win32_ComputerSystem” ) of wmi ) & “,” ) of ( “0,Standalone Workstation;1,Member Workstation;2,Standalone Server;3,Member Server;4,Backup Domain Controller;5,Primary Domain Controller;” ) ) else ( “N/A” ) ) else ( “Non-Windows OS” )

Thanks,

Jim

(imported comment written by tim7ad91)

jnharry,

The code you have works well, it’s what I was looking for. Thanks.

I found some machines that produce errors. So far of the one’s I’ve investigated WMI is “busted”.