Relevance Duplicate MachineGuid

Hello everyone,

I need a relevance to retrieve each computers which has the same value for the key MachineGuid (Key path : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography)

I didn’t manage to do this because I don’t have a specify MachineGuid value to find, I need to see only the duplicate ones in the IT infrastructure.

What relevance could rescue me ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

There are actually two aspects to this. No machine will know the reported values for any other machine, so this cannot be done purely in client relevance.

Instead, what you’ll need is to have each computer report its own MachineGUID value in an Analysis, and then use Session Relevance (in the Web Reports server or a REST API client) to find the values duplicated across the deployment.

To run Session Relevance in the Web Reports server, log in to the Web Reports server and open the hidden QNA page, by changing the end of the URL to

/webreports?page=QNA

Then you can run a relevance query similar to

(Multiplicity of it, it) of unique values whose (multiplicity of it > 1) of values of results of bes properties whose (name of it = "MachineGUID" and name of source analysis of it = "My MachineGUID Analysis")
2 Likes

Thank you Jason for your answer !

I’ve done the analysis and it works perfect, I have all the MachineGUID reported.

However, could I put a relevance in an Automatic Group to have every duplicates MachineGUID values reported ?

The relevance you provided me works well in the QNA but not in an automatic group.

Would you know where I am wrong ?

Thank you very much :slight_smile: !