Relevance cpu brand name

I want to delete “@” from CPU brand name

cyyyyy @ 2.4

i want to extract cyyyy only

if (unique values of brand strings of processors contains “@”) then preceding text of first of unique… else unique…

but this doesn’t work with singular expression error

Hello!

Give this a shot:

Q: (preceding text of first "@" of it | it) of brand strings of main processor

Essentially we are saying, give me the preceding text of the first @ of the brand string but if that’s an error then just give me the brand string.

2 Likes

Try this:

unique values of family names of main processors

I was also going to add what @strawgate said, but he beat me:

unique values of (it as trimmed string) of (preceding text of first "@" of it | it) of brand strings of main processors
1 Like

One reference that may be useful here is how to address errors that you might encounter with relevance expressions. Please see:

IBM Documentation for the specific message in question, and the following for more general guidance:

Thanks a lot guys, it works !

One more question how can i delete the white space from the output string “trimmed is only working in the start ans beginning”

This should take spaces away from beginning and end of a string:

The white space is at the middle of the string

If you would like to strip all white space from the string you can use…

concatenations of substrings separated by " " of unique values of (it as trimmed string) of (preceding text of first "@" of it | it) of brand strings of main processors

How to replace the “Tab” with “space” ?

Intel® Xen® CPU X5

here an example, tab between CPU and X5

Can you try this?

concatenations of substrings separated by (character 9) of substrings separated by " " of unique values of (it as trimmed string) of (preceding text of first "@" of it | it) of brand strings of main processors

Have you looked at "family name of <processor>" as well?

https://developer.bigfix.com/relevance/reference/processor.html#family-name-of-processor-string

Its often derived from the brand name and is usually a friendlier/shorter name

2 Likes