IBM BigFix Patch is pleased to announce its support for more languages for the Windows 10 Feature Upgrade.
A prior BigFix release in May 2016 supported English (United States) and Japanese language versions.
In this release, BigFix Patch expands its coverage to include the following language versions:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- English (United Kingdom)
- French (Canada)
- Italian Korean
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Mexico)
BigFix Patch offers the custom repository feature. Users can download the Microsoft ISO image to their own custom repository before deploying the Windows 10 Feature Upgrades Fixlets. For more information about custom repositories, see this wiki article.
What does BigFix Patches for Windows support in this release?
• Editions: Education, Enterprise, Professional, Education N, Enterprise N, Professional N
• Architecture: x86, x64
• Custom repository feature
What should I do before deploying the Fixlets?
• Ensure that there is sufficient disk space on target endpoints. Microsoft requires the following hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS and 20 GB for 64-bit OS hard disk space (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications).
• Check the .iso file size and if needed, increase your endpoints’ pre-cache and normal download limits using the following configuration settings:
Generally, the size of the free disk on the BES client machine is at least twice the size of the downloaded file.
• You have the option to use a custom repository from which the Windows 10 ISO image is downloaded.
Win10 Feature Upgrade_language support.pdf (68.5 KB)
Actions to take
• Gather the Patches for Windows site, version 2588.
• If you are using the Custom Repository Setting feature, subscribe to the Patching Support site. For more information, see this wiki article.
Patches for Windows site, version 2588.
For more information about the custom repository setting feature, see this wiki article.
To see the announcement for the earlier BigFix Patches for Windows Windows 10 Feature Upgrades support, see this post. BigFix Patches for Windows now supports Windows 10 Feature Upgrades
For more information on configuration settings to change the download limit, see this wiki article.
Applications Engineering Team