Relay Diagnostics: "Ready" vs "Pending" downloads?

I’m troubleshooting a case where some clients never retrieve downloads when using “stagger downloads over 2 minutes”. One of the things I’ve done is to delete the Relay’s downloadcache.db and downloadstate.db files in order to get a new download list in the relay diagnostics.

I sent a new baseline action to the client (minus the “stagger downloads over” setting). The Relay Diagnostics page shows some downloads as “Ready” and others as “Pending”, but it looks like downloads in both categories have made it all the way to the client. I also don’t see any downloads changing between these two states.

What’s the difference between “Ready” and “Pending”?

1 Like

Ok, I have to ask this again as I got another download that never reached the client.

On the relay diagnostics page, I showed this download in the state “Pending” for over 24 hours, with no progress on the download. The file is cached on the root server. The Relay is a Linux 9.5.7 relay.

Oddly the Relay shows the action and URL for the download, but not a size or sha1 (which it’s showing for other ‘Pending’ downloads.

The client is periodically checking for DownloadsAvailable and getting ‘false’ from the relay.

I started a second action downloading the same file, and the Relay retrieved the file from the root server within a couple of minutes. I’m still watching to see whether the first action is going to find the file available or not.

That should happen, but then again, I don’t think any of this should be happening.

CC: @AlanM

Yes, the relay did show the download available for the first action, shortly after a second action requested the same file.

1 Like