Relay, Client and Server version compatibility

Is the 9.2.10 Relay and Clients supported by the Server which are at 9.2.5.1?

I know that the server must have the highest version in your environment.
so the server at 9.2.10 can support the relays and clients at lower version but not vice versa.

1 Like

You should have relays at the same level as your server. It is not a good idea to have the infrastructure components on different versions. The Agents often are but relays should be current

1 Like

Clients in general work if they are higher versions than the server (we actively try to make them work - but that may not be the official support policy so caveat emptor)

1 Like

I have some relays which have higher (9.2.8.74) version than the server (9.2.5.1). Is it safe to uninstall the higher version e install an older version in these relays?

I think you are OK there. I wouldn’t go out of the 9.2 range for your situation. In general having the relay in the same major.minor should be OK. Going out of that (say installing a 9.1 or 9.5 relay in your case) I would not recommend.

When I say not at the same level, it is the major.minor I am meaning. The specific patch shouldn’t matter unless it has fixes you need. A server is partially just a large relay remember that so if you upgrade your relays the server probably needs upgrading as well.

2 Likes