Registry UninstallString for MS Office Pro Plus 2016

Hey there everyone,

I am trying to uninstall Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 from several Windows machines using the registry UninstallString:
“C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe” /uninstall PROPLUS /dll OSETUP.DLL

This will run on my test machine from the command line, however it brings up an Uninstall Prompt which the user would have to say “Yes/No” but I am wanting it to bypass this prompt.
I tried using the command “rundetached” in the following context:
rundetached “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe” /uninstall PROPLUS /dll OSETUP.DLL

This did complete successfully and there was no prompt on the test computer, however it didn’t actually uninstall MS Office. I was hoping I could get some insight on how to make that little prompt window not show up and get this uninstall string to work through Bigfix.
Thank you for any help in advance!

Checking at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8e4cda5-2806-484f-80cf-f8e0f2a98f2f/command-to-uninstall-office-2016-and-contentlocation-of-uninstallxml-file?forum=configmanagerapps , it looks like you have to create an XML answer file for the Office uninstall, and then feed that on the command line.

I was under the impression that if you could get it to run on the local machines command line that you could get it to work through Bigfix. Do you mean use this uninstall string but instead of calling the osetup.dll create that config file and call it instead?

rundetached “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe” /uninstall PROPLUS /config config.xml

where config file equals:
Configuration
Display Level=“none” CompletionNotice=“no” SuppressModal=“yes” AcceptEula=“yes” /
Logging Level=“Standard” Path="%temp%" /
/Configuration

Yes. Though I haven’t tried it myself, that’s the concept.